IMMUVIEW® LEGIONELLA PNEUMOPHILA AND LEGIONELLA LONGBEACHAE
THE ONLY RAPID URINARY ANTIGEN TEST THAT DECTECT TWO TYPES OF LEGIONELLA WITH ONLY ONE TEST!
Legionella Longbeachae is the second most common Legionella species causing human infection1,2
In contrast to the well-known Legionella pneumophila, legionella Longbeachae is not found in water, but in soil e.g. in potting mixes, compost heaps and composted animal manures3
THE BENEFITS OF IMMUVIEW®
With ImmuView® it is possible to detect Legionella in patient with presumed infection (Legionnaire’s disease) from either Legionella, or Legionella Longbeachae, and thereby allows clinicians to initiate the correct antibiotic treatment to improve the outcome for the patient.
Only 3 simple steps to get results:
- Sample addition
- Add running buffer and whirl gently
- Add test and wait 15 minutes
- Currie S., L. and Beattie T., K. 2015; Perspectives in Public Health, Vol. 135, no.6 pp. 309-315.
- Kümpers P. et al, 2008; Journal of
Medical Microbiology, Vol. 57, PP. 384-387
- Whiley, H. et. Al; Emerg Infect Dis. 2011 Apr; 17(4): 579–583.