11 februari 2020: Symposium ‘De toekomst van voedselveiligheid’
4 March Introduction to real-time PCR
Introduction to real-time PCR
This one-day workshop is aimed at participants just getting started with real-time PCR, or have already used this method and want to deepen their knowledge in the area. You’ll learn about the general principles of real-time PCR, including experiment setup and data analysis. Following this, you’ll receive practical hands-on training for DNA extraction and real-time PCR, using our foodproof® kits. All necessary materials and equipment will be provided on site.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to familiarize yourself with different real-time PCR cyclers, such as the Dualo32, the AriaMx, the Lightcycler® 96 and the Lightcycler® 480 II and will be trained on how to operate them. You will learn about the technical specifications of the cyclers and the corresponding software systems. A detailed data analysis of the acquired real-time PCR data will also be made available.
Topics of the Workshop:
- checkIntroduction to the general principles of real-time PCR
- checkHands-on training in the lab for DNA-extraction and PCR setup using our foodproof kits – all materials and necessary lab equipment will be made available
- checkTraining on different real-time PCR cyclers for low and high-throughput
- checkComparison of real-time PCR cyclers that we offer (technical specifications, cycler operation, software, etc.)
- checkDetailed analysis of the real-time PCR data obtained during lab training
Location: Potsdam, Germany
Heralding Education on Antimicrobial Resistance
Scientific Spring Meeting KNVM & NVMM 2020
The Scientific Spring Meeting of the two Dutch Microbiological Societies (NVMM & KNVM) will be held on March 31 and April 1, 2020.
Last year we had over a 750 visitors at Papendal; lets try and equal that this year. This year we have again a two-day program with on day one a plenary session with renowed national and international speakers. Also during the rest of the program many invited speakers from all over the world will join us at Papendal. Two plenary speakers have already confirmed their presence; Andreas Baumler and Thijs Ettema.