VTM is suitable for collection and preservation of clinical specimens containing viruses, including SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19), Chlamydia spp., Mycoplasma spp. and Ureaplasma spp. The transport medium can be used with swabs and aspirates and is available in a plastic, screw cap tube (or a bulk format, 200 mL glass bottle). The transported microorganism remains viable for 48 hours at room or refrigerated temperature. VTM does not contain guanidium thiocyanate.
• 10-25°C storage temperature.
• 1 year shelf life.
• Contains antimicrobial agents to minimize bacterial and fungal contamination, without affecting viruses, Chlamydia, Mycoplasma or Ureaplasma.
• A pH indicator (red phenol) indicates the medium integrity during the shelf life of the product.
• The tube stands upright on the laboratory bench thanks to the skirted, flat-bottom, while the conical shape allows an appropriate centrifugation of the sample.
• 16x100mm skirted tube with plastic red cap. Sterile. 100/pack